Saturday, May 08, 2004

Are Checkoslovakian Faces "Complex"?

Fashionweekdaily has an interesting quote from 70s icon Karen Black regarding her face, a subject which, I, too, I must admit, have pondered with deep consideration:

"It�s very nice because it�s severe and I have naturally curly hair. I�m Checkoslovakian descent and I have a kind of complex face. So, I need very simple things to offset that. Tony Basil told me that. He said just wear very simple things because it�s very complicated from the neck up."

Karen Black's face has always kind of freaked me out, you know, kind of like that kid in the Total Eclipse of the Heart video with the glowing green eyes, y'know?

I was born in Uganda, and we are rather earnest from the neck up.

Oh, and speaking about Africans, is one of the most imteresting people in the world. Born in the early 1940s, T�t�-Michel Kpomassie, travelled from his home village in West Africa to Upernavik in northern Greenland. Why did a young tribesman decide to go to such an Arctic environment? Would I be lose all credibility with you at this point if I were to bring up Eternal Recurrence and Deja Vu with respect to how certain people seem driven by forces in their life choices that might have already occurred? Yeah? Okay, forget I said it.

No comments: