Monday, May 03, 2004

NYTimes to Spurlock: You Want Liver Failure With That?

It is rare that the staid New York Times Arts and Leisure section makes The Corsair spit out his Kenyan blend coffee, but Susan Dominus did, in her interview with Morgan Spurlock of the eagerly anticipated fast-food bashing film Super Size Me. Sure, Emily Nussbaum's lovingly rendered 70s tv nostalgia moves me; but Dominus downright floored me.

After about 30 days of McDonalds:

"DOMINUS: Did you start to smell bad?

"SPURLOCK: Oh, man. I was deliberately not exercising any more than the average American, but I did let myself go to the sauna, to kind of sweat some stuff out of me. And when I came out of the sauna, some guy was like, man, somebody or something smells like cheeseburger in here. I could only assume it was me.

"DOMINUS: I think that's a safe assumption."

No comments: