Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Paris Hilton: "If people actually take (My Book) seriously, I'll be embarassed."

In the June 2004 issue of Hollywood Life, Paris Hilton, in an interview with Stephen Rebello, gets deep:

"Another project Hilton would like to do wis a screen version of Gigi Levangie Grazer's satirical Hollywood novel Maneater. 'I loved that book and if they make that a movie, I want to be in it. I love Jackie Collins too, everything she does, and I love her personally," says Hilton, who could easily be a character in one of Collins' racy novels.

Hilton's affection for girly books is perhaps part of her reason for doing a comedic as-told-to book, Confessions of an Heiress, due out in the Fall from Simon and Schuster. But another reason is that today, invariably, every celebrity must publish a book. She breezily describes it as "about my life, my friends, it has lots of pictures, and its just kind of a book for girls about how to be an heiress. If people actually take it seriously, I'll be embarassed. I mean, there's a chapter from my dog, Tinkerbell, who has her own diary."

With that, her adored teacup Chihuahua Tinkerbell, who sometimes sports her own designer booties, goes prancing around the studio like the pampered princess she has every right to be. "Tinkerbell is my life," says Hilton, with genuine emotion. "I love her so much, I can't imagine losing her. I will die when she dies. I really won't know what to do."

No comments: