Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Peaches Geldof Nip Slip



(image via newsoftheworld)

It's Peaches' world, people, we just live in it. Rowdy wildchild Peaches Geldof contemplates mayhem. (image via virgin.net)

It wasn't the crack that threw Pete Doherty's Live 8 performance out of whack. No no no, true believers. It was Peaches Geldof, the new enfant terrible It Girl (step aside, Paris; thank you). Described in the press as "saucy," the tartish sister of Fifi Trixie Belle (Averted Gaze) is quite the handful, no bun pun intended. Okay, maybe just a hint of a bun pun. According to British Vogue:

"PETE DOHERTY has changed his story. The Babyshambles frontman is blaming his shambolic performance on Saturday's Live 8 stage not on a row with Kate Moss, as was previously claimed, but on the fact that Peaches Geldof pinched his bum before he went on."

Okay, more information than was needed to know. But -- and this is the relevant question here -- aren't crack addicts ostensibly "assless"? Crackheads tend to have what can only be properly construed as "concave" ass, sunken tushy on account of their dislike of foodstuffs a cause de cracksmoke. How could Peaches have gotten off a twist full of cheek?

"During a duet of T-Rex's Children of the Revolution with Elton John, Doherty stumbled about the stage and what he did sing was dramatically out of tune. But it wasn't down to the obvious explanation.

s3_08

"'I wasn't lost for words and I wasn't out of it on drugs,' the singer told the Daily Mirror. 'Just before I went on stage Peaches squeezed my bum hard and whispered something rather suggestive to me,' he said. 'It left me in such shock I didn't know where I was.

"Bob Geldof has organized this amazing global event, I was facing 210,000 people, then cameras were rolling and fucking Elton John is dueting with me. And Bob's daughter has secretly made a pass at me. It's all I can think about. It did my head in. I didn't think Bob would be very happy.'"

Well, you know, when a child is competing for her father's attention with world historical issues like Third World debt, you know -- that child kind of has to kick things up a notch. Not that The Corsair is psychoanalyzing, you see.

2 comments:

Gabs said...

pfffft...how can he *feel* anything?? he didnt even know she pinched him he is completely numb..has to be another lame excuse

Gabs said...

love the averted gaze visual too cute