Wednesday, December 14, 2005

On Usher's Colonic

usher_300x298

(image via msn)

One of the best interviews we've ever read concerning Usher is in the Complex December/January issue on sale now. Here's a taste:

"Complex: I heard you get a monthly colonic to clean out your colon. Is that true?

"Usher: Nah man. I mean yeah ..."

As you can see, we're off to a rocking start. Break it down for us, Ush:

"Usher: ... I had a colonic before but not no shit like that. Not no monthly thing. Hell no. Someone who travels alot like I do, while you're on the road, flying over to Africa and eating meats in certain places, you don't always eat the way you should and a lot of waste builds up in your body. That's why I did it."

Hm. We sense shame. Why is Ush veering into the second person? "While you're on the road," and, "a lot of waste builds up in your body." What goes on in Africa stays in Africa, Ush.

"Complex: Doesn't that procedure involve having a tube inserted into your rectum? It all sounds pretty painful, brother.

"Usher: It aint no shit you're gonna be proud of, I'll tell you that."

(A considerable pause) The interview continues:

"Complex: ... Tell me a shocking Usher story that might scare off some of your kiddie fans.

"Usher: Um, nothings gonna be shocking at this point, you've read it in the tabloids. You know, the orgies and the whole nine. At 15 being surrounded by that shit I saw, looking at orgies and all kinds of stuff, I had the lifestyle of a rock star.

"Complex: Were there homosexual activities going on in any of these orgies? That might be a shocking story ..

"Usher: There was woman-on-woman but never man-on-man. Shit, nowhere near that! Hell, no. No one that I ever roll with or would roll with would get down like that."

Unless, of course, that tube inserted into the rectum was done by a registered nurse or medical doctor with a gentle touch. More:

"Complex: ... You seem like a laid back dude. Do you ever get rah rah? Like did you ever smash somebody in the face with a bottle or steal a VCR out of somebody's crib?

"Usher: I aint never really been the type to be getting thug and shit like that. You know -- breaking into people's houses, or cars. I just always tried to stay away from all that. And fighting, I don't necessarily lose my cool like that. I got people to handle that type of B.I. for me. I aint no hard cat like that either."

A touching moment of candor. And then the conversation turns ...

"Complex: If God was to take away, what would you rather give up: your voice or your penis?

"Usher: What kind of question is that to ask somebody, man? Why would you ask me that? That's crazy?"

But the colonic and smash someone in the face with a bottle questions were above board.

(Complex)

1 comment:

Mervyn said...

The guy is totally just, and there is no skepticism.
latest jewelry trends | new android apps | new jewelry tips