Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dakota Fanning: "There's nothing I can do about turning 13"



(image via jarfil)

What a little contol freak! Dakota Fanning, hereafter known as DK, talked to Time Magazine. Henry Luce -- presently decomposing -- is probably spinning in his grave. Several descriptors come to the fore at the name Dakota Fanning: L'il Mussolini, for one (Exaggerated cough suggesting feigned detachment).

Here's what DK had to say:

"Time Magazine: You're about to turn 13, which for lots of people is an awkward age. Do you worry about going through that transition in front of the camera?

"Dakota Fanning: There's no stopping it. There's nothing I can do about turning 13. I don't waste my time worrying about something I can't control.

But What Dakota Really Wants To Do is Direct:

"... Time: I hear you'd like to take a turn behind the camera.

"DK: I would love to direct someday. I've learned a lot from watching directors I've worked with, like Steven Spielberg and Gary Winick, whom I worked with on Charlotte's Web. I would love to have that relationship with another actor."

Dakota Is Down-To-Earth; She's a Girlscout:

"Time: Do you have much time for Girl Scouts these days?

"DK: Last year my sister and I sold 750 boxes of Girl Scout cookies, so we were pretty excited about that. At $4 a box, baby, it was, like, $3,000. We did it door-to-door in Los Angeles in my aunt's neighborhood."

Because the average girl scout sells 750 boxes of mint cookies. First off: Don't say "Baby," Dakota. You are one. The word "baby" ought not to be uttered by anyone outside of a federal penitentiary or ICM.

No comments: