Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nikki Finke Versus Ben Silverman



Hoo-boy, not a good day for Ben Silverman, who seemed to be getting a pass from NBC brass for the lackluster Fall schedule as reported in Page Six last week. The "D-Girl execs" comments are coming back to haunt him. His enemies see blood in the water and are pouncing. From DeadlineHollywoodDaily:

"Yes, I feel so much better about NBC improving its primetime prospects now that I've watched Ben Silverman toss around phrases like 'disintermediated from my audience via technology' and 'trigger digital activation' on Charlie Rose last night. Silly me for thinking that Ben was hired to program the network instead of parrot advertising-speak. And how fucking sad is it that Silverman sings the praises of the Today Show rather than anything he actually has something to do with. Also, I do wish Silverman would stop trying to channel Brandon Tartikoff's ghost. Ben, I knew Brandon. Tartikoff was a friend of mine. And, you sir, are no Brandon Tartikoff.


More here.

No comments: