Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Russell Simmons' Tweet Rant



(image via udel.edu)

Russell Simmons ranted today on Twitter about A & E TV backing out on a deal to film the media mogul in some reality show. The rant against A & E's Bob DePidetto is truly fascinating because it captures in real time the shifting mood of that yogic sage via Twitterberry, from seething rage and racial innuendo to "smile and breathe." Twitter is a miracle. From Simmons' Tweet:

"Now I gotta work to find new network for show bob nameless @ A&E network failed with hammer now is scared of everyone with a Tan .. Damn I struggle with my generations inability to see the new america. We were set to shoot first episode next week. A lil dissapointed .. We had pres clinton@my house, kim kardasian@my school in africa, martha stewart and jon bonjovi @my hamptons house still to urban for A&E !! .. That along with 1000 people@ my backyard for my Art for life benefeit was all part of my first episode Now I gotta find new network :-) .. Now that's what they call a twitter rant...:-). 'Smile and breathe' .. (Bob DePidetto) @A&E is a sweet man. I'm certainly not calling him or the network anything fowl. Just corny? Or they could be right to pass?"


And the end to this savage display: "Surrender is the simple but profound wisdom of yielding to rather than opposing the flow of life. - Eckhart Tolle"

No comments: